Last Update: September 19, 2019
The Information We Collect
- Full name
- User/Visitor created username
- Valid email address
- Game information, including game name, game type name, number of periods, period/halftime/overtime duration, non-scoring game flag, team names/colors, game start/finish time, and game events (penalties, goals, etc.)
- League information, including league name, league administrative contact account and administrator accounts, league game locations (location name, description, latitude and longitude), league game types ( game type name, number of periods, period/halftime/overtime duration, non-scoring game flag ), league scorekeeper accounts, invited league administrator account and email addresses, invited league scorekeeper account and email addresses, season information ( name, start and end dates, team names and colors ), and scheduled games ( team names and colors, game location, game type and planned start time ).
- Device name
- App specific device identification number
- Health data
- We will collect such Information when you apply for a User Account. We may also require additional information to verify your User Account. This may include your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, bank account information, debit card information, and other verification or fraud prevention related information. You are the source of this information.
- Banking and payment information. Depending on the Services enrolled in, you may be asked to provide banking, debit or credit card information for payment for the Service subscription. When enrolling or making purchases through the Services, as further detailed in the Terms and Conditions, you may be required to provide banking, debit, or credit card information for payment. Prior to completing the payment for enrollment in the Services selected, you may be transferred to a Third-Party Merchant website, where the actual purchase or payment will be completed. Your payments for such Services may be processed by the Third-Party Merchant themselves, or by a third-party payment processor, and as such, any Information you provide may be transmitted to such Merchants or third-party processors to ensure completion of payment for the Services or products ordered.
- Information you provide or transmit in any way through any of the communication portals offered on the Site, or using any assigned hashtag relating to any game uploaded into our system. This may include, but shall not be limited to, any message boards, blogs, support chat systems, and any other communication portals offered on the Site.
- Information you send us. If you contact us for customer or technical support, regardless of the method of contact, we may collect such Information you provide to us. You are the source of this information.
If you opt to integrate the Service with Apple's Health App and grant the Service access to Apple's Health App Database, the Service may import your data from the Health App Database into the App. In addition, the App may transfer data that you store locally on your device to the Health App Database. The App cannot read from or write to the Health App Database unless you grant access. Data accessed from the Health App Database will never be shared with third parties, such as third-party service providers and/or advertisers.
Ninja is in no way responsible for the protection of the health data and/or other information stored within Apple's Health App Database; You and Apple are solely responsible for the protection of such information. Please review Apple's applicable policies and procedures before syncing and backing up your health or fitness data and/or other information with the Health App Database.
You are not required to provide the Personal Information that we request, but if you chose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with the Service.
How we use your Personal Information
Your use of the Service may cause certain information, including Personal Information, to be stored locally on your IOS device. By default, Personal Information is stored locally on your device. No Personal Information or fitness data is sent to our servers or stored in our servers at any point.
We use Personal Information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
We may also use your Personal Information to verify identity, assist with identification of Users, and to determine appropriate services. From time to time, we may use your Personal Information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. We may also use Personal Information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Ninja’s products, services, and customer communications.
How We Use Non-Personal Information
We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. Examples of Non-Personal Information that we collect and how we may use it include: collecting information such as language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where the Service is accessed and used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve the Service.
Cookies and Other Technologies
The Service may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help us better understand User behavior and tell us which games or parts of the Service are most popular. We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as Non-Personal Information. However, to the extent that Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local law, we also treat these identifiers as Personal Information.
Ninja takes reasonable steps to protect information about you that is in its possession and control from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Unfortunately, no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. Email sent between you and Ninja may not be secure, due, for instance, to the security practices that you, your email carrier, and/or Internet provider employ. You should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal data to us via the Internet.
You are solely responsible for the protection of your device and are responsible for managing local storage and security such as passwords.
Disclosure to Third Parties
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Ninja to disclose your Personal Information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce provisions of the Terms governing your use and access to the Service or protect our operations or Users. Additionally, to the extent such information is an asset of the company, it may be transferred in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale.
Protection of Personal Information
Ninja takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Ninja protects your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). Your personal data is stored and encrypted by our third-party storage vendor.
If you or anyone else using Apple’s Family Sharing logs on to a device that is owned by a third party, any information shared within your Family—including calendar, location, photos, and iTunes purchases—may be downloaded on to that third-party device, thereby disclosing any such shared information. Please see Apple’s terms and conditions regarding Family Sharing for more information.
Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
Ninja and the Service are not marketed to Children under the age of 18, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, and such individuals should not create their own accounts without parental approval. If you believe we have collected such Information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately.
International Privacy Practices
The Company is primarily operated and managed on servers located and operated within the United States. In order to provide our products and services to you, we may send and store your Information outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to the United States. Accordingly, if you reside or are located outside of the United States, your Information may be transferred outside of the country where you reside or are located, including countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection for your Information. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of such Information when it is transferred. If you reside or are located within the European Economic Area and such transfers occur, we take appropriate steps to provide the same level of protection for the processing carried out in any such countries as you would have within the European Economic Area to the extent feasible under applicable law. By using and accessing our Services, Users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States hereby agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of such Information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
Retention, Correction, and Deletion of Information
Information that we process shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for the relevant purpose. We will retain your Information as follows:
We will comply with any user’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the Information we store in accordance with applicable law, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). To request that we correct, delete, or export any Information, please contact us via email at [email protected].
Some parts of the Service may require access to the real-time geographic location of your computer or mobile device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations and other technologies, to determine your devices’ approximate location. This information cannot be collected without your consent by enabling the feature in the App.
Users In California
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California customers to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California residents may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information, if any, we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes within the immediately preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information within the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request as described below in the Section titled “Privacy Questions.”
Your Rights Under The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Your principal rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are as follows:
- Right of Access: you have the right to be informed of, and request access to, the Information we process about you.
- Right to Rectification: you have the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure: you the right to have the Company delete your Information.
- Right to Restrict: you have the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing your Information.
- Right to Object: you have the right to object to us processing your Information on grounds relating to your particular situation or for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to Data Portability: you have the right to request a copy of your Information in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service.
- Right not to be Subject to Automated Decision Making: you have the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.